Gary & Linda

Gary & Linda
Hello, from our home in Mississippi!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Mid-South Fair


On Saturday, September 26th we went to the Mid-South Fair in Southhaven, Mississippi with Eric and family. Jill and her children and Chrissy's parents, brother John, and Uncle Mark were also there. This trip was planned in honor of Julie's hard work in school last year. Her Uncle Eric promised her that he would take her to the fair, and for some reason, we all got included in the event. I believe Julie had a wonderful time, and so did Byron and Abby. Since Jill's birthday was on Monday, September 28th, Chrissy cooked lunch and made a birthday cake for the next day after the fair. Gary and I loved being with both our children, and all three of our grandchildren, yet I have to say that it was also a little stressful as well. It seems that our children, (Eric & Jill) do not get along with each other any better than they did as kids. Of course, Gary and I want them to love one another, and be kind, loving, and compassionate to each other, but they are only barely civil most of the time. They may not even notice how their attitude toward each other affects us, as I know in my heart of hearts that they really do love each other, but they just don't act like they do! We love them both, and try to smooth feelings of both, but why can't these two intelligent, christian people see how sad their actions make their parents.
The grandchildren all love being together, and never fail to show how much fun they have with their cousins, and siblings. They are the most wonderful grandchildren in the whole world! They are all so beautiful, smart, and happy. Julie is such a grown-up little girl for her 11 years, always trying to please everyone, and Byron is so much fun to watch play. He has more fun than anyone! Abby is so precious with her sweet smile, and understanding beyond her years. If I had gone up to Heaven and picked the most wonderful children from God's creations, they would be just like the three wonderful little children that are my own grand babies.
What defines me as a person is the love I have for first of all God, then my husband, children (and their spouses), and grandchildren. The most joy I can feel is when one of them is joyful, and the most hurt I can feel on earth is when something or someone hurts one of them.
Gary and I are planning to go to Chattanooga, Tennessee next month to attend the Gutherie Family reunion, and hopefully see some fall foliage. I am really looking forward to it being just the two of us for a couple of days.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
God is so good! I am blessed to have the most wonderful two grown children who are both successful medical professionals. They are married to people who are equally nice people that love and appreciate them. In addition to having great kids, I also am a grandmother to three beautiful, and smart grandchildren. Lastly but certainly not least to me is the man whom I have been married to for 43 wonderful years. My husband Gary is one of the most upstanding Christian men living in the world today. He is honest, hardworking, handsome, but most of all he loves me and never fails to tell me so. Yes, I am truly blessed and I want everyone to know that I give all the glory to God, My Father.

My Blog List